Melbourne installation street artist Tinky works with miniature figurines and models on a tiny scale. Tinky makes use of gritty street landscapes, where laneway drains morph into desert-scapes for a caravan of miniature camels; or a missing brick in a wall becomes home to an intimate scene of a miniature couple gardening.
Tinky often uses discarded or oversized objects within her miniature dioramas, so that each scene has a comedic undertone, exaggerates a message, or emphasises playful folly. i.e. miniature construction workers might gather to fix a broken egg shell, or a discarded fish-shaped soy sauce container can become “the big catch” for a miniature fishing scene.
It has been said that Tinky’s miniature dioramas add a sense of surprise and wonder to the streets, with unlikely installations on a pipe or window sill, in a gutter, or a hole-in-the-wall.
While Tinky’s work is diminutive and often undertaken in the street, her miniature scenes are transferable to any space, including on or in vintage objects such as small tins, wooden vessels, a bird cage, yo-yo, or shoe-shine brush.
- Sep-Nov 2018 | Featured artist, Biennale of Australian Art (Ballarat)
- Sep 2018 | Featured artist in Myer windows for MECCA Brands (Melbourne)
- Aug 2018 | 'High Jinks' | Alternating Current Art Space (Windsor)
- Oct-Nov 2017 | 'Tinkyville: Land of Folly' | Off the Kerb Gallery (Collingwood)
Group Exhibition & Events
- Aug 2018 | 'Winter Days' | Off the Kerb Gallery (Collingwood)
- July 2018 | 'Object/Subject' | The Blender Studios (Melbourne)
- March 2018 | 'Insert Edgy Title Here II' | Laneway (Camberwell)
- March 2018 | ‘From the Blender pop-up show’ | The Blender Studios (Melbourne)
- Feb 2018 | 'This Moment' | Noir Darkroom (Coburg)
- Dec 2017 | 'Blender Xmas Show' | The Blender Studios (Melbourne)
- Dec 2017 | 'Bring a Plate' | The Stockroom (Ringwood)
- Nov 2017 | 'Ready.Made' | The Stockroom (Ringwood)
- Sep-Oct 2017 | '#OWNIT Street Art Exhibition' (North Melbourne)
- Sep 2017 | 'Trashed' | Noir Darkroom (Coburg)
- Sep 2017 | 'Hedonsim' | Lord Coconut (Melbourne)
- April 2017 | Featured artist at 'Wall to Wall' street art festival (Benalla)
- Feb 2017 | 'Insert Edgy Title Here I' | Laneway (Melbourne)
- Oct-Nov 2016 | 'Tinky' | Foyer, Frankston Arts Centre (Frankston)
- April 2016 | Featured artist at 'Meeting of Styles' street art festival (Melbourne)